Are you considering creating your own screencast? Dr. Paul Reilly has developed some useful tips and resources to help you get started. These are available at: https://screencastsinmediastudies.wordpress.com/resources/
In particular, the following steps are recommended:
- Select a software program to record your screencast (see below).
- Plan the content of your screencast.
- Select a quiet environment for your recording and prepare your workstation.
- Record your screencast (note: check your equipment is functioning beforehand).
- Watch your screencast and make edits as necessary.
- Publish your screencast online and share it with your students.
- Collect student feedback about your screencast to assess its effect.
A variety of screencast software programs are available online. Some are free to download with basic features. Here are a few to help you get started: